Now I KNOW I am not the only one to admit that I have an obsession with my lips. Did you know that since taking selfies became popular the amount of lip surgeries grew by 48%? I know. Crazy.
To be honest, I became one of the 48% last week (after thinking about getting it done for almost 2 years, so I didn’t jump in to anything), BUT before that I had found the perfect way to fool the world with make-up only!
Here is my lip before I got it done without make-up (left) and with make-up (middle and right).
Want to know how I did it? Keep on reading!!
So first let me tell you what you will be needing:
- Dark foundation/Concealer
Pretty much anything you use to contour your face will work. Just make sure it’s not a powder.
- Flat brush
To draw the lines
- Your favourite LIQUID LIPSTICK
It is important to use liquid lipstick instead of normal lipstick for this look!! Otherwise you will definitely see where your real lip ends!!
- A lipliner in a darker shade than the lipstick
Here are the items I use:
Now here is the trick:
- Do your entire face make-up first! Make sure you also put a bit of foundation on your lips, they don’t need to be fully foundationed (let’s pretend that’s a word), but make sure it kind of blends in;
- Draw a line with the darker concealer around the lip, make sure to also get the white line around your lip too! The thickness of it all depends on your taste. At first I used to only draw it a tiny bit thicker but as you can see my lips looked 3 times as thick;
- Let the concealer/foundation dry for a couple of minutes and then go over the line with the lipliner and draw small lines towards the inside of your lip aswel;
- Put on the liquid lipstick! Try to make sure you buy a pigmented one so you don’t have to go over it. This will make it streak and we don’t want those lips!! My favourite brand: Matte Me by Sleek;
- LOVE YOUR “OWN” LIPS! And remember, practice makes perfect! Try this out a couple of times and believe me you will become a pro!!
Now I shared one of my secrets, so tell me yours! What is your favourite beauty trick?